Flames of war - Belgian army
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belgian players of Flames of War
Flames of War is a trademark of Battlefront miniatures.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Challenge to depravated capitalists

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Von Ungern Steinbeck
Soldier
Soldier

Number of posts : 6
City : Brussels
Registration date : 2006-06-26

Challenge to depravated capitalists Empty
PostSubject: Challenge to depravated capitalists   Challenge to depravated capitalists EmptyFri 14 Jul - 15:44

Hi all,

Some intelligence information :
The long awaited offensive will begin on Sunday (in Tadéfig) as the army of the people (3000 pts not less) will sweep over petty desperate axis defenders. We don't have vehicles, we don't have speed, but we are ten times more numerous than them.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant
Paratrooper

Number of posts : 484
City : Bruxelles
Division : 3rd
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Challenge to depravated capitalists   Challenge to depravated capitalists EmptyFri 14 Jul - 18:27

The German will be waiting for you... Wink
Back to top Go down
Von Ungern Steinbeck
Soldier
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Challenge to depravated capitalists   Challenge to depravated capitalists EmptyMon 17 Jul - 19:25

scratch
Well it's obviously desparating when NKVD makes good intoxication work but that useless tank crew get badly mauled. I didn't even have the time to engage my cossacks that the battle was over.
However, this was a very good game in which I could experience the devastating power of airplane rocket attacks on Panthers. From high above, they only are some kind of kitty.
I was much disappointed when I realized that I could not fire smoke bombardment. That makes life more difficult.
Also, the basic russian trooper should stop eating borch. They just are too fat : I couldn't even put them all on the table.

We don't care much about defeat anyhow. Let just me the time to learn. All the losses have already been replaced. That's the power of Soviet Industry.I was even told one of the workers was building two tanks at the same time.
Arf, arf;
We'll be back.

Comrade Colonel Von Ungern
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant
Paratrooper

PostSubject: Re: Challenge to depravated capitalists   Challenge to depravated capitalists EmptyMon 17 Jul - 20:49

You have good spirit learning from your errors....

Me too I love airplanes.. on the German artillery they were really good... Exclamation
Basically the game was very.. balanced until the sixth turn...when finally the 82nd 2nd Platoon commanded by Leutenant Megellas with sticky bombs managed to destroy the last german light tank..(i lost one base...an unfortunate roll of dice... a 1)

It was a good game a Draw...there were very little mistakes...(still studying the book study ) except for the assault fase...but for the rest everything went well...

Until then GERONIMO...
Back to top Go down
kurnik
Soldier
Soldier
kurnik

Number of posts : 8
City : Brussels (Ixelles)
Division : Brussels
Registration date : 2006-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Challenge to depravated capitalists   Challenge to depravated capitalists EmptySun 23 Jul - 17:42

Hello Von Ungern,

Thanks for the great game last Sunday. We are all getting used to the new rules so even though it moved slowly, I really enjoyed it.

For what it's worth I have some observations on the game.

First of all a confesion. I came with a 1500 point list of Grenadiers and in my hast to build a matching 3000 pt list, I added a Gren platoon and some divisional support to eat up the points quick. I added the Panther platoon which I now realize is a valid support choice for a grenadier company. This was mostly a historical error, because, as intimidating as they are, I don' think they unbalenced the game at all.

Here are some observations:

1. Don't stop! Russians need to overwhelm and assualt.

2. Send fast units to threaten the rear objective-your fast moving cossaks would have been perfect for this. This would have forced me to divert reserves in support of that objective. For example if any unit at all was advancing across your left flank, I would have had take a platoons of grenadiers and put them on that objectives instead of the stugs to re-enforce the one on your right. All I had gaurding that flank was my 2ic and two mortor teams.

3. You could have packed more troops on the board in deployment I think you would have just had to pack them in tight making them vulnerable to air and artillary. Don't make decisions based on potential casualties when playing the soviets. Agression is key--not safety.

The biggest opportunity that may have been missed was when the t-85's stopped to shoot. They where in range to assault my infantry but stopped. My panzerknacker was out of position for the first turn of assaults. I was really sweating at this point because I made some bad decisions in deployment that left me vulnerable.

Thanks again--I had a great time.

--David
Back to top Go down
http://expat-wanderlust.blogspot.com/
Von Ungern Steinbeck
Soldier
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Challenge to depravated capitalists   Challenge to depravated capitalists EmptyTue 25 Jul - 18:44

Thanks for the advice.

Yes indeed. I've learned to die as a Russian, but I've forgotten one basic thing : move fast and assault despite casualties. Sitting back shooting doesn't actually seem to pay with those guys, maybe due to the fact that you anyhow will hit me twice as often as I can hit you. I even think that foregoing some shooting and sometime running would actually be the best thing to do. The only thing I need is stuff to pin you down such as artillery or Katyushas.

Geoff,
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant
Paratrooper

PostSubject: Re: Challenge to depravated capitalists   Challenge to depravated capitalists EmptyTue 25 Jul - 20:37

use your T-70 to outflank enemy position...they are very good at that...

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Challenge to depravated capitalists   Challenge to depravated capitalists Empty

Back to top Go down

Challenge to depravated capitalists
Page 1 of 1