Flames of war - Belgian army
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belgian players of Flames of War
Flames of War is a trademark of Battlefront miniatures.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn

Go down 
+9
Brieuc
kapitan kata
silent_assassin
Currahee
Yvon242
Manstein
Marcus
Bazooka Joe
menace
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
bahdahbum
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of posts : 210
City : Etterbeek
Division : 3rd
Registration date : 2006-11-03

Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 May - 8:14

To be more precise :
Nathan Wilputte : USA Paratroopers
Jacques Wilputte : German Fallshirmjägerskompanie Afrika

Army list will be sent saturday, or sunday latest .

Three questions :

- will it be allied VS axis in which case you'll need as many axis as allies , or open with possibility of allied vs allied, axis vs axis ?
- what kind of battle will it be ( the two major 1500 pts battles )
- what about supply ( sandwiches, drinks , steak, snitzels, german beer, american whisky ... )

It would be nice, for the fun to know more about the other companies, just USA or USSR is so foggy , just say armor, infantry...just for the fun of it
Back to top Go down
menace
1st line
1st line

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2006-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 May - 9:53

- We are going to try and make it Axis vs. Allies, but I don’t know if it’s going to be possible. At the moment, we have more allied players than axis players, so we will have some mixing.
- I’ll post the scenarios later on. Let me think for just a bit longer about this. Very Happy
- There is bar in Oberonn. Belgian Beer and American Coca-Cola. I’m afraid that they don’t have any german whisky though. Laughing. There are a few Pita bars, snack bars and I thought even a place where you can get sandwiches nearby, but I don’t know if they will be open on sunday.
Back to top Go down
bahdahbum
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptySat 19 May - 14:17

If you do not have the perfect match ( axis vs allies ) , I see two main possibilities :

- you mix everything and so you might have germans vs germans an so on
- you base it on "Patton's dream" , axis vs allies , and if too many allies, US vs USSR so as not to have US vs US or USSR vs USSR.

We will settle for belgian beer and US coke :-)
Back to top Go down
menace
1st line
1st line

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptyMon 21 May - 10:42

An updated list:

1. Peter Gaublomme: Deutschland Ostfront

2. Wout Maerschalk: USA Paratroopers

3. Michaël Maley: Deutsche Afrikakorps. 600 pts. Grenadiers, 1500 pts. Grenadiers

4. Jérome Vorzanger: Deutschland Ostfront. 600 pts. Grenadierkompanie, 1500 pts. Aufklärungsschwadron

5. Philippe Fumière: USSR. 600 pts. Tankovy, 1500 pts. Gvardeyskiy Strelkovy

6. Jean-Philippe Favre: Deutschland Ostfront. 600 pts. Panzergrenadiers, 1500 pts. Fallschirmjägers

7. Flavio Laina: USA. 600 pts. Armoured Rifle company, 1500 pts. Tank company

8. Frederic Robert: USA. 600 pts. Rangers, 1500 pts. Rangers

9. Nathan Wilputte: USA. 600 pts. US Paratroopers. 1500 pts. US paratroopers.

10. Jacques Wilputte: Deutsche Afrikakorps. 600 pts. Fallschirmpionierkompanie, 1500 pts. Fallschirmpionierkompanie.

11. Jean-Marc Derobertmasure: USSR. 600 pts. Motostrelkovy, 1500 pts. Tankovy

12. Tomas Mennes: USA. 600 pts. US Rifle Company, 1500 pts. US Rifle Company

Armies in green have been validated.

Last edited by on Tue 22 May - 9:10; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
menace
1st line
1st line

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptyMon 21 May - 10:44

bahdahbum wrote:
If you do not have the perfect match ( axis vs allies ) , I see two main possibilities :

- you mix everything and so you might have germans vs germans an so on
- you base it on "Patton's dream" , axis vs allies , and if too many allies, US vs USSR so as not to have US vs US or USSR vs USSR.

It will be Patton’s dream, as far as possible. It’s not fun to play US vs. US or Germans vs. Germans, so I will do my best to mix it.
Back to top Go down
Currahee
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant
Currahee

Number of posts : 272
City : Brussels
Division : 3rd, Brussels
Registration date : 2006-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 May - 21:33

It would indeed be more historically accurate to play US vs US etc. than US vs CCCP. It would be just a training excercise. It would also be more balanced.
Back to top Go down
coco c'est moi
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant
coco c'est moi

Number of posts : 347
City : Ixelles
Registration date : 2006-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 May - 23:14

I'm playing German and personnaly I'm not at all interested in playing versus another German player.

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://ferdinand-tournoi.be
menace
1st line
1st line

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 May - 9:15

I have to admit that the reason why I play FoW and not another WWII miniatures game is the fact that they allow you to be soft when it comes to historical accuracy. I think there’s 2 ways to run a FoW tournament: either you run a historically acurate tournament, which means you make it scenario-based (and you limit the armies people can bring. I think this is what you do with the Ferdinand tournament?), or you just let go of the historical accuracy and you let people play what they want.

I think it is very difficult to do something in between. Where do you draw the line? Can a DAK army play against a Russian army? Can a German army stationed in Italy fight against an American army stationed in Afrika? And even worse: What doe you do if you brought your brand new Finish army, but there turns out to be only 1 russian player? Then you have to play the entire tournament against the same person? Sounds a bit boring to me.

I don’t prefer one sort of tournament over the other, it’s just different. This tournament is more about testing your skills as a general than it is about historical accuracy. The reason why I prefer to mix armies is that it is just more fun to play against a different army. Same armies have same tactics, so it’s less fun to play.

And off course, it’s always more fun to trash the enemy than it is to shoot your own side. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
menace
1st line
1st line

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 May - 9:18

As for the scenarios:

- First one (600 pts.) is Fighting withdrawal.
- Second one (1500 pts.) is Hold the Line
- Third one (1500 pts.) is Roadblock
Back to top Go down
coco c'est moi
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant
coco c'est moi

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 May - 9:38

menace wrote:
I have to admit that the reason why I play FoW and not another WWII miniatures game is the fact that they allow you to be soft when it comes to historical accuracy. I think there’s 2 ways to run a FoW tournament: either you run a historically acurate tournament, which means you make it scenario-based (and you limit the armies people can bring. I think this is what you do with the Ferdinand tournament?), or you just let go of the historical accuracy and you let people play what they want.

I don’t prefer one sort of tournament over the other, it’s just different. This tournament is more about testing your skills as a general than it is about historical accuracy. The reason why I prefer to mix armies is that it is just more fun to play against a different army. Same armies have same tactics, so it’s less fun to play.

And off course, it’s always more fun to trash the enemy than it is to shoot your own side. Twisted Evil

I suppose wou will try to avoid Germans playing together or Russians playing together also.
For me its not a big problem playing mid-war against US with Ostfront troops, or eventually against Italians, but for my point of vue I wont be very motivated to play versus an other German kompagnie.

I still will be here on sunday.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
bahdahbum
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 May - 12:00

I see no problems using an Afrika army and fight against an Oostfront army . The only thing is that sometimes equipment is very different , for exemple axis has some heavier equipment on the oostfront ( wonder why lol! ) .

The missions for the tournament may be fun ! wonder what will happen !
Hold the line will be fun if infantry vs infantry . The attacker will have to race indeed .

I see that two players did not register their armies , do they come ?
Back to top Go down
menace
1st line
1st line

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 May - 14:04

Sadly enough, Wout won’t be coming. A change in his exams schedule means he has to study during the weekend. Peter will be coming, but he is notorious for only sending in his army list at the latest possible moment. As far as I know him, he will probably be fielding a Grenadiers or Gepanzerte Panzergrenadiers army.
Back to top Go down
bahdahbum
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 May - 1:21

How will you do if you have 11 players ? do you play the 12th ?

Do you have enough roads for the roadblock scenario ( remember, the attacking player places the road ) I can bring one or two .
Back to top Go down
Bazooka Joe
Bazooka Joe

Number of posts : 1270
City : Bierges
Division : 3rd Division
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 May - 7:12

Hi Menace, yesterday, I have played with Manstein the "fighting withdrawal" mission. As the lengths of the table are differents, don't forget to adapt them to fit the 600pts battle. Idea

We are not sure that we need 3 objectives for this mission. Idea
Back to top Go down
bahdahbum
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 May - 8:43

Bazooka, so you are training Very Happy
Back to top Go down
coco c'est moi
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant
coco c'est moi

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 May - 9:01

bahdahbum wrote:
How will you do if you have 11 players ? do you play the 12th ?

Do you have enough roads for the roadblock scenario ( remember, the attacking player places the road ) I can bring one or two .

we are bringing a little bit of decor from Ferdinand.
roads, houses etc....
Back to top Go down
menace
1st line
1st line

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 May - 9:35

I think it is indeed best to play the fighting withdrawal with 2 objectives in stead of 3.

For the rest: the only thing that changes about the table is the width. The length stays the same, so I don’t know if you need to adapt the scenario. The only difference will be that you have 2 objectives placed maximum 50 cm apart in stead of 3 objectives placed maximum 140 cm apart. Given the fact that most armies will only have 1 combat platoon, that sounds about right.
Back to top Go down
Bazooka Joe
Bazooka Joe

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 May - 17:46

menace wrote:

For the rest: the only javascript:emoticonp('Exclamation')thing that changes about the table is the width. The length stays the same,

I think that's wrong Exclamation The length is only 120cm instead of 180cm in the classical size.

So here is what I think :

Centre line => as Normal
Attacker's table edge => 15cm instead of 20cm
objectives area : everywhere 15cm instead of 20cm (normaly, 13,3333cm clown )

The only problem is the No Man's land: it's only 35cm so the defender may shoot at short range immediately! affraid

In fact, I'm not sure that's a good mission for a 600pts battle. scratch (it's difficult to hold 8 turns with 600 pts Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
coco c'est moi
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant
coco c'est moi

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptyFri 25 May - 20:21

[quote="Bazooka Joe"]
menace wrote:

In fact, I'm not sure that's a good mission for a 600pts battle. scratch (it's difficult to hold 8 turns with 600 pts Embarassed )

I was actually thinking the same as Bazooka.
We don't have enough platoons for the mission ( around 3-4 platoons per player).
All soldiers will probably be dead way before the 8 th turn.

But we could try Twisted Evil

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kapitan kata
2nd Leutnant
2nd Leutnant
kapitan kata

Number of posts : 557
City : Ottignies-lln
Registration date : 2006-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptySat 26 May - 0:42

Be cool guys!!!

That's the first time that we are playing in tournament with 600pts armies...enjoy the trial and have fun.
Back to top Go down
Currahee
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant
Currahee

Number of posts : 272
City : Brussels
Division : 3rd, Brussels
Registration date : 2006-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptySat 26 May - 6:46

Kata is right: let's have fun first and then we will draw lessons for another game.
Back to top Go down
Brieuc
1st Leutnant
1st Leutnant
Brieuc

Number of posts : 800
City : Dilbeek
Division : 3eme Division
Registration date : 2006-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptySat 26 May - 8:38

With Kata and Currahee! cheers

And "may the force be with you!" Cool
Back to top Go down
http://guerande.ville-virtuelle.com
Manstein
Sergeant
Sergeant
Manstein

Number of posts : 111
City : Rolle
Division : Suisse :)

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptySat 26 May - 10:16

The Force yes but which side Smile it is gonna be fun, let is go to Oberron clean the place with our troops and most important have fun, fun fun.

that's why we are playing no ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jeanphilippefavre.com
bahdahbum
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptySat 26 May - 10:27

Have fun and Die ...or Win ..or do both

By the way do the organisator need some terrain ( hills, trees, river, roads, destroyed buildings, shellholes... )

Do not forget to bring your food .

And one more thing : for the roadblock scne, I got confirmation from battlefront, the attacker chooses the side were the road is placed .

Roads and rivers made by Melkart are usefull indeed :
www.miniaturesgames.com , and they are serious . I met Pepe sometimes during DBM contests , you can rely on him to sent you the stuff needed . Forest and hills ar not usefull for FOW as it is not 3D ..
Back to top Go down
Bazooka Joe
Bazooka Joe

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 EmptySun 27 May - 8:20

Good luck to everyboby and see you soon for reports! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn   Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Flames of War Tournament @ Oberonn
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next